Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pedigree



I'm behind in my commercial crits and not in the mood to get into one that sucks. I saw a new Pedigree commercial a week or so ago, and it was just as good as all the commercials in this series are. I was almost in tears when I saw this "We're for dogs" commercial for the first time, and I absolutely cried when I saw the first "shelter dog" ad. They still get to me.

There are some funny ones, too, but I haven't seen them on TV here. These commercials are adjusted for use in many markets other than the US, but they all go to the same place. Straight to the heart.

I wish someone would make an ad like these for cats.

3 comments:

anhaga said...

All the dogs who merit out respect and our affection. And all the cats too. Oh, yes. But what is it, not about them, but about us, that makes us so comprehensive in our love for them, but that we reserve from according to all but the closest to us of our own species? Deep, introspective, honest, and then objective, appraisals? I myself feel as if I am neither quick to love either man or beast, for we all fall far short. Though the beasts may prove more unsuspecting of ill will, they may remain more savage and stupid within the environments we provide for them than qualifies them for any more merit than their rudest and most vicious human counterpart. I'd disqualify the crapload of 'em. A little bit of cutsie pie antics ain't enough to win this misanthrope's imprimatur.

web wabbit said...

Well, having just gotten rid of a lying waste of oxygen, I'll take a cat or dog any day of the week. My cat Sophia is a far better friend to me than that selfish prick ever was, or ever intended to be. She has no agenda (and don't tell me it's all about getting fed, she takes care of that on her own very nicely, thank you). She doesn't care whether I'm the most beautiful person in the world, and she doesn't think I'm unworthy because I'm not. She doesn't do tricks and isn't cutsie pie, except to me. She loves me in spite of myself. That's more than can be said for pretty much any human. She's a better person than I am, by a lot.

I have no problem giving my heart to a cat or dog. Humans? No thanks.

Key Dear said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BkI8LD24y0
This clip helps me.