Thursday, September 27, 2007

Flying hair

NuTone has a cute commercial running now. A couple is looking at a house, and as the wife walks around talking about paint colors, the husband is doing the more practical thing and checking the electricity. The bathroom lights work just fine, but the switch that is supposed to run the fan doesn't seem, to him, to be operational. He is unaware that his combover is standing on end. His wife gently tells him that the fan is working, and we get the punchline - the NuTone bathroom fan is so quiet, you don't even know it's running. Cute, and not insulting, unless you think the husband should still have enough nerve endings on his scalp to know when his hair moves.

2 comments:

Key Dear said...

I felt that since men are so sensitive regarding their hair loss, most would take offense at this commercial.

Writers are turning toward this type of ad more and more. How about the Nationwide ones? Writers must be really getting a kick out of portraying women as aloof and tired of the silly/stupid questions men ask them. Cute but over done for me. I give 3*

web wabbit said...

I like that Nationwide ad. The look on the face of the woman whose car is getting pounded by the garage door is just perfect. Maybe I relate to this one, though, since my garage door in NY used to open to random radio frequencies. I finally had to start unplugging it.